Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cauliflower with Onion and Tomato (Phool gobi ki bhaji) Review

4 stars (on a 5 star scale) p. 142 Not amazing, but both J and I liked it. She identified the lemon juice and enjoyed the tartness it added. The cauliflower was supposed to brown in two minutes. I waited five to ten for it to brown; it didn't. I gave up and moved on. (I didn't want the cauliflower to get too soft during this step.) It takes a while to prepare all the vegetables. I used a serrano chile, seeds and all. I wonder what soaking the cauliflower in water does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I'm obsessed with Madhur Jaffrey's cookbook as well and have probably tried about 15-20 of the recipes. The cauliflower will brown if you cook over medium high heat and minimize the amount of water you use -- if you add any water, it won't brown.

Indian Kitchen Recipes said...

Nice recipe. very good information, thank you for sharing the blog.